søndag 29. juli 2012

Solifugae

On my trip to Morocco we were traveling arround the countryside near Guercif and Taza.
So we were having some fruit after lunch under a tree. Well really it was a huge watermelon we bought out of a van. After wards we were waiting for the sun to fade a bit since it was such a hot day. I picked up my camera to have a look around to see what I could find. Firstly I saw several species of grasshoppers, but it was only after I lifted some of the stones this wonderful creature revealed itself. I must admit that I got carried away seeing how this is the first Solifugae I have found in the wild. I am pretty sure it is a Galeodidae. It was quite docile and hence a treat to photograph.    

 


There is a dead ant right behind her probably her latest meal.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar